Sunday, July 17, 2016

Anxiety or Normalcy? You tell me.

The major part of anxiety, at least how it affects me, is always wondering if I am the only one who thinks a certain way.  Basically, are my thoughts normal, or am I morphing into a psychopathic being?  I know, that alone may sound ridiculous.  But here are some of the things that pop into my head.

If I take my shoes off when the plane is at altitude, with clean socks on, and non stinky feet, am I still going to end up on Passenger Shaming?

Did I ever make it on People of Walmart, even though I try my best not to?

Does anyone else bring the trash out in their PJs?

I get angry if I'm in therapy, because I just don't want to dig up every single little thing from my past.

Can my neighbors hear my TV, computer or sewing machine?

If I exercise, will I shake the first floor ceilings?  Or fall through them?

Am I the only one who can kill plants after watering them?

How many bottles of wine are too many to keep around?

Now, this isn't to say that all of my "anxiety" thoughts are this easy.  I have true anxiety regarding certain people in my life, and experience nightmares about meeting them in other life situations.  You know, the OMG what do I do if..... type of situation.  And I try to squash those as they come up, but I'm working on some life changes to mitigate those factors.

I'm asking about the millions of questions I have each and every day, and if they are normal or not.  What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment